Outfit | The Puffer

The puffer jacket. It’s a love/hate relationship. There’s a lot of bad, shiny plastic ones with fur on the hood of which you already wish your 16-year old daughter or sun will never wear them because it will tell so much about them just by wearing a jacket. But there’s also a few (and that’s a small few) good ones out there. The puffer jacket is for many people something they don’t know they’re wearing it (as a kid), something really cool (the one discussed above), something awful right after that period and then there comes a phase when you’ll see that when a puffer jacket is done well, it’s a great coat. It gives that nice bit of volume, keeps you super warm and gives that super casual look. The fabric is really really important though. So when the puffer jacket grew on me and I went to look for a good one, the search wasn’t easy. In this case, there’s not really a super cheap version, because all super cheap versions look super cheap and that’s the most important thing you don’t want in a puffer jacket. And then I ran into this one from Goosecraft. Real, very beautiful leather, just the right amount of puff, great color.. And suddenly I’m a puffer-jacket-wearer, and absolutely not ashamed of it. I wore it really simple this time in my favorite all black and thought I’d let the jacket (and the boots of course!) shine on their own. And now I’m very curious to hear your opinion on puffer jackets.. Recognize any of the above?

Leather puffer jacket: Goosecraft / Jumper: ASOS / Jeans: Zara / Boots: Acne / Bag: Zara

Tags: All, Fashion, Outfit

25 responses to “Outfit | The Puffer”

1. Laura D. says:

This is my favourite outfit from you in a while! I am loving the whole thing and those booties are to die for! x

2. Caroline says:

you know, it’s always hard with puffer jackets, there are so little great puffer but still you can find some good ones when you reaaaally try to…but have to admit that these jackets are not one of my favourites but this one looks perfect! not bad or silly at all ♥
    kisses

3. Klaudia says:

nice look and those shoes! :)

4. christina says:

Ik vind vaak zulke jassen niet zo heel leuk, maar deze staat je erg goed!! Mooie schoenen ook x

5. love your boots!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

6. Lisa says:

Really cool all-black combination, I like the heel detail on the shoes :)

7. Jessica says:

Not a fan of the puffer jacket, but love your Acne boots !

8. joy says:

Wauw, een leren puffy jacket! Mooi en klassiek! Love it girl!
    With love,

Joy
    justlikesushi.com

9. SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE!!!LOVE IT!

10. the boots are great! I got a similar grey puff jacket and it is still love & hate. It is warm but I don’t think it looks flattering on me. It looks good on you though! :)

11. Eva says:

Ik vind het echt een prachtig jasje, vind sowieso de jassen van Goosecraft altijd prachtig. Gave laarsjes ook ;) xx

ENTER MY GIVEAWAY

12. Honorata says:

Great monochromatic outfit:)))

13. I’ve been through the “hate-that-sh**” period and now i’m starting to love puffer coats again . But as my wallet is kind of empty at the moment, it might be spring before i found a rather affordable yet good black puffer. Thug life haha

14. Caroline says:

Mooie simpele outfit met prachtige stuks! leuk tasje van Zara, is die van huidige collectie of ouder?

• Lucy says:

@ Caroline: Dankjewel! Hij is ouder helaas en was vrij snel uitverkocht :( Gelukkig komt Zara supervaak met leuke nieuwe dingen! :)

15. MARJOLEIN says:

Wauw, heel mooi & ik dacht echt dat ik dat NOOIT zou zeggen over een puffer!
    Zo zie je maar weer, zeg nooit nooit. ;)

X Marjolein – Never Too Polished.com

16. Hij staat je geweldig!

17. Theresa says:

Lucy, I love these photos! The spot where you chose to shot them reflects so well in combo with that all black outfit. And I really like the puffer jacket on you! It’s very cool, and you look just beautiful!

I hope you’re doing okay sweetheart!

xxTheresa

18. lydia says:

i usually dont like that kind of jackets but on you it looks great!

19. Giovanna says:

Cute look! Love your boots!

xx
    Giovanna

20. Love it!I love the volume at the top and the skinny pants and heeled boots. Really pretty and balanced.

F.I.

21. Laura says:

These boots are perfect babe!

Xx

22. Debbie says:

Woahhh Luus! Hij staat je supergoed! En ik ben verliefd op je schoenen.. maar dat wist je lekker al lang :p

x