Options

DSC_9629DSC_9766DSC_9308DSC_9819DSC_9668DSC_9505DSC_9857

Fashion has much to do with options. So many different options to shop, so many different options when it comes to what to wear, many different ways to wear it. We like to have a lot of options, and I’m definitely not an exception. For instance, these are the first pictures with my new hair color, which I changed into a really dark grey because I wanted something else and the option was there.
But sometimes options can be confusing. Having too much to choose from is a first world problem, but still a problem. Which one of the million different shoes out there are you actually going to buy? Which of my 8 pairs of black skinny jeans will I wear today? (yes, that’s my problem sometimes).
For some of those problems you have me and other media (I love making ‘best of the sales’-posts when sale time comes around and will tell you that you might want to buy something army green this season – but of course you don’t have to listen!), for some of those problems I have my solutions.
One of those solutions is the following sentence: always start with black and then consider other colors. Apart from black being my favorite color and I just think it looks really good on so many people, it’s also really easy to have good black pieces in your wardrobe so that whatever you throw on, it’s going to be OK because it’s black and that increases the chance of your outfit being ok by about 70% if you ask me.
A long black coat is something you cannot go without during fall and winter. It’s not only a multi-seasonal piece but a piece you can throw over literally anything without ruining your look. If you pick a good coat, it will just enhance that look.
Now, a little secret: I did not have a good long black coat until now. I really like this one from Mexx fit- and fabric-wise, but there’s one other thing that I love: it has options. You can take the fur collar off and have a really good black coat, or wear it with the faux fur and have a black coat 2.0. Yeah, options.

Coat: Mexx
T-shirt: Monki
Jeans: ASOS
Shoes: & Other Stories

Tags: Advertorial, All, Fashion, Outfit

14 responses to “Options”

1. coxy says:

I shape my wardrobe so I don’t have many options. My options range from “Is this clean?” to “Is this clean enough to wear without me smelling bad?” to “Maybe I shouldn’t wear this.” Anything in the last category goes in the laundry basket.

2. Shanelle says:

I really love your hair!! I thought it was going to be a lighter grey but i still love the colour and your fringe cut like that looks great :)

3. leah says:

Magnificent coat words are not enough for your coat lucy!!!!xx

4. Jint says:

Suuupertoffe boots, zag ze al staan in de winkel!
    Xx

5. Debbie says:

Love the boots ;)

x

6. Lizzy says:

Love the boots! You look amaazzinggg!

Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

7. Tim says:

Opinions? Yes… and happy ones! You really pulled off the dark grey. The grey shows well within the darkness, but not overbearing. It’s a good mix. I like it, a lot.

Ok I’ll admit it, I’m a total sucker for bangs. So, needless to say I noticed YOUR BANGS ARE BACK! For me that is good thing. I hope for you too. Did you truly want them back? Hopefully you didn’t cut them to make others happy. I’m still all for trying different things and when you grew them out, I actually liked the way your hair looked. Then again… oh my, them bangs. <3

I'm really liking your new coat too. Nothing beats a long comfy coat in the cold wind. Having a good long coat is like the little black dress. Every girl should have at last one good one in their arsenal. This one is just that. It works with both the short boots you have on or calf high riding boots, either way it works. You have done well.

Finally… of course skinny jeans with a plain tee shirt is always a winning combination. Everything together… you're lookin' good girl. :-)

8. Nora says: