I can be a little impulsive every now and then. And so it happened that last week, I suddenly decided I wanted to be blonde. A bucket of peroxide later I was a little orange, and so me and my hairdresser-friend decided to make my hair a kind of ginger-blonde. It’s not red, it’s not blonde, it’s more of a light rose color. I’m super happy with the result, having a fresh look and something different. Hope you guys like it as well! xx
> 1 Comment
Sunny days call for long nights on my roof terrace, with friends and a glass of Southern Comfort or two <3
Photos by Rafael Dimiionatis.
> 1 Comment
First of all, sorry for my website looking a bit broken and weird with all the codes. I’m currently trying to fix it but I’m terrible at these kind of things so I haven’t been able to fix it yet. I will though!
As I told you last Monday, I’m about to get a little more personal here and share more of me. Following that thought, I was thinking it would be fun to do a post in which you can get to know me even better. So here you go, 25 things you (probably) didn’t know about me!
- My favorite magazine is Cosmopolitan. Not Vogue, not Elle, but Cosmo. I love the happy look and feel it gives, the tips on how to be a better you and the often funny or inspiring stories in there.
- I’m very good at languages. I just started an online course to learn Spanish.
- My hair is really really grey already. Luckily my hairdresser always makes sure nobody sees.
- I once bumped into Jude Law at the Guggenheim museum in New York and followed him around in the museum for about an hour.
- I’m not very good with children, but I absolutely love old people.
- One of my guilty pleasures is that I watch a lot of TLC and reality tv. I love it.
- I played the piano for about 10 years. I quit when I was about 16, but I’m kind of starting to regret that now.
- Both of my parents were born in Indonesia, but only my mom has Indonesian blood.
- I hardly ever cook. It’s one of the things I’m not too proud of, but I just really don’t like cooking for just myself.
- I smoke. Another bad habit. Don’t do it.
- My favorite thing to drink is chai tea latte.
- I studied Social Sciences and got my bachelors degree, but never did a masters. It’s because my blog was going really well at that time and I decided to focus on that.
- I love bookstores. I used to work in one for 2 years, when I was 15.
- I secretly want to open a Taco Bell in the Netherlands. It’s my favorite junk food, but we don’t have it here.
- I used to have an eating disorder, when I wasn’t blogging yet. Luckily I overcame those problems.
- I’m a crazy cat lady and I used to own 2, but they stayed with my ex and I’ve been living in studios where there’s no pets allowed, so I can’t have one at the moment.
- I don’t have any brothers or sisters.
- I know absolutely nothing about beauty. My make up is pretty cheap and I wear the same make up look every day.
- I’m super clumsy. Really often I drop things or knock them over.
- I meditate every day. And I write in a journal every day as well. It helps me clear my mind.
> 4 Comments
Time for some change.
I have changed in the past year. Now, it’s time for my blog to change (and grow) with me.
It’s time for breaking taboos, focusing on positivity and sharing a little more of me.
But first, I’d like to share a story with you. It’s the most personal story I’ve shared so far, but I feel like this is the right thing to do. I also think it’s important to discuss the issues I have, since not many people seem to talk about it.
I haven’t shared much personal stories with you guys the past year, because I wasn’t ready for it. I haven’t been as inspired and dedicated as I used to be. You may have noticed my not posting as much as I used to, my not being on top of my game and not as much smiling in my selfies. Here’s why.
I’ve had a rough year.
Since around March last year, I have been dealing with a pretty heavy depression. It got to a point where I didn’t really want to get out of bed anymore, and felt terrible for months.
Depression is something that completely changes your view and reality. Literally everything becomes hard to deal with. The smallest setbacks have huge impact on someone who’s depressed. It causes a paralyzing fear, personal dissatisfaction and a feeling of despair. Me personally, I felt worthless, alone, intensely sad and helpless, even though I wasn’t. It’s like there’s a negative filter over everything you see and do. It was very hard for me to work during this time. Especially because a blog is a personal thing, and it was hard to keep up when I wasn’t inspired at all and didn’t really want to take pictures. I felt really bad because my blog is something I worked hard for and I’m really thankful for all my readers and followers, and I felt like I was letting you down.
Luckily, I’m feeling much better now. I’m not entirely there yet, but I’m a lot better than I was last year and I’m much happier again. That’s all because I’ve been working really hard on myself, trying to get the old me back and dealing with my problems. This is why my focus hasn’t really been on fashion, but my focus is on happiness. Which is why I decided to make my blog even a little more personal, and write more about happiness and making life easier. It’s much easier, and more fun for me to write about something I’m focusing on right now and is really important to me. No worries, there will still be fashion and outfit posts, but also articles about life. Because I’ve learned a lot about myself and about life, and how to be happier – and I’d love to share what I’ve learned with you guys. Whether you might need it or not.
I look forward to sharing more of what’s on my mind with you, and I hope you’ll enjoy my tips and personal experience that I’m about to share here. I much value your voice, so don’t be afraid to talk in the comment section.
Love you guys!
> 50 Comments
Those of you who follow me on instagram might have seen that I’m in Aruba at the moment. A blogger’s paradise when it comes to sunny snaps, selfies and other sharings, but I’ve been kinda quiet. It’s because I’m taking an actual two weeks off. I’m here alone (staying with an aunt) and this vacation is all about me. Focusing on me, getting some quality time with myself, meditating, reading books, and doing a lot of nothing as well. I really needed this time with myself since I haven’t been feeling well for the past few months. A long story, that I’m finally ready to share with you, and which I’m going to next week. Until then, radio silence, for which I’m kind of sorry but I’m sure you guys will understand that everybody needs a little me-time (and some time without social media and internet) every now and then. Thanks so much for your patience and I’ll talk to you guys next week!
(pictures from last time I was in Aruba)
> 4 Comments
Merry Christmas to all of you!
Hope you will have the most wonderful time of the year :)
Christmas jumper from H&M (men’s department, of course)
> No Comments
Almost Christmas! I don’t know what’s more fun, the few days before Christmas where you’re getting in the mood, there’s lights and decorations everywhere and you’re getting excited, or when it’s actually Christmas. This weekend there were Christmas markets all around the city and I couldn’t resist going there and getting all into the Christmas spirit. Well accompanied by some winter warmers, these earmuffs and gloves that are both conveniently warm as good looking. Loving the purple and faux fur they have.
Are you getting into the Christmas spirit yet?
Earmuffs and gloves: Ugg Australia
> No Comments