There’s one more thing I got in Copenhagen that I didn’t show you yet, but it’s the piece I’m most excited about. It’s big, it’s grey, it’s mohair. Say hello to my new I-want-to-live-in-this Acne cardigan. One more thing to love about Copenhagen: Acne is quite a bit less expensive here! So when I went into 1 of the many (many!) stores that sell Acne and I saw this mohairy baby, and it turned out to be priced friendlier than I thought – I (and it) was sold. Wearing it in a super simple outfit here with my favorite shirt dress and new shoes – I can’t deny being much inspired by the stylish minimalism of the Danes. I wish there was a handbook on how to look Danish because people seem to be wearing the most simple outfits here but can make shorts and a top look like a model off duty look without even trying.
I’m leaving Copenhagen today, it was such a great week and I’ve had so much fun but I kind of miss my own bed as well and there’s new adventures to come, pretty much as soon as I get back actually. I still have many pictures of Copenhagen to show you though, how would you guys feel about a huge photo diary to show all the things I’ve been up to? Let me know!
Mohair Cardigan: Acne (available here and here) / Shirt dress: ASOS (back in stock!) / Shoes: And Other Stories / Bag: Alexander Wang
Pictures by Debbie
> 36 Comments
So it’s November and I just took a stroll in the sunshine and it felt like late summer, can’t believe this weather! Here’s what I wore in October which has been quite the month, with surprisingly much bare legged looks, blonde and then grey hair, and the start of beanie season. Looking at the looks above I can see it has been a crazy busy month for me (I dress much less coherent and interesting when I’m running around all the time and my head is everywhere) and there’s another one ahead, but I’m totally ready for it. I have a trip to Stockholm planned, a private closet sale in my new office (you’re invited, keep an eye on the blog!) and have a feeling this November will be the month of faux fur. But who knows what else will come along! Happy weekend!
Any favorite looks? :)
> 6 Comments
First of all, sorry for my website looking a bit broken and weird with all the codes. I’m currently trying to fix it but I’m terrible at these kind of things so I haven’t been able to fix it yet. I will though!
As I told you last Monday, I’m about to get a little more personal here and share more of me. Following that thought, I was thinking it would be fun to do a post in which you can get to know me even better. So here you go, 25 things you (probably) didn’t know about me!
- My favorite magazine is Cosmopolitan. Not Vogue, not Elle, but Cosmo. I love the happy look and feel it gives, the tips on how to be a better you and the often funny or inspiring stories in there.
- I’m very good at languages. I just started an online course to learn Spanish.
- My hair is really really grey already. Luckily my hairdresser always makes sure nobody sees.
- I once bumped into Jude Law at the Guggenheim museum in New York and followed him around in the museum for about an hour.
- I’m not very good with children, but I absolutely love old people.
- One of my guilty pleasures is that I watch a lot of TLC and reality tv. I love it.
- I played the piano for about 10 years. I quit when I was about 16, but I’m kind of starting to regret that now.
- Both of my parents were born in Indonesia, but only my mom has Indonesian blood.
- I hardly ever cook. It’s one of the things I’m not too proud of, but I just really don’t like cooking for just myself.
- I smoke. Another bad habit. Don’t do it.
- My favorite thing to drink is chai tea latte.
- I studied Social Sciences and got my bachelors degree, but never did a masters. It’s because my blog was going really well at that time and I decided to focus on that.
- I love bookstores. I used to work in one for 2 years, when I was 15.
- I secretly want to open a Taco Bell in the Netherlands. It’s my favorite junk food, but we don’t have it here.
- I used to have an eating disorder, when I wasn’t blogging yet. Luckily I overcame those problems.
- I’m a crazy cat lady and I used to own 2, but they stayed with my ex and I’ve been living in studios where there’s no pets allowed, so I can’t have one at the moment.
- I don’t have any brothers or sisters.
- I know absolutely nothing about beauty. My make up is pretty cheap and I wear the same make up look every day.
- I’m super clumsy. Really often I drop things or knock them over.
- I meditate every day. And I write in a journal every day as well. It helps me clear my mind.
> 4 Comments
In different shades of grey today. Love this sweater with printed back, gives just that little extra surprise when I turn around. I’m really happy with my short hair and I’ve been getting so many good reactions to it, thanks guys!
Sweater: Samsøe & Samsøe
Jeans: Cheap Monday
> 1 Comment
It’s very Dutch to complain about the weather, but for those who don’t live in this country: even the most positive person would complain right now. It’s been all rain and storm for 2 weeks in a row, which makes taking pictures of what I’m wearing nearly impossible. Especially since Mother Nature has decided to only stop the rain for an hour or so exactly when I don’t have time or a photographer. So yes, both complaining and explaining why you’ve seen less of me in pictures. Luckily I totally forgot about this one from 2 weeks ago, when the rain stopped for a little and I hadn’t had my hair makeover yet. I wore all grey – a new super comfy jumpsuit made chic by an exactly matching grey coat. As grey as the weather. You get me ;)
Almost Christmas! Who’s excited?
ASOS White jumpsuit
ASOS grey coat (unfortunately sold out but shop similar (and even better) ones below)
Nike Air Force 1 trainers
> 7 Comments
My alphabet doesn’t begin with an A. It begins with the O from Oversized, followed by B for Bold and C for Chunky.
Boy do I have a crush on those huge jeans in the first picture and that oversized hairy bomber in the 3rd.
From left to right:
Cheap Monday Omega jeans – ASOS WHITE oversized knitted dress – ASOS WHITE faux fur bomber
ASOS oversized t-shirt in stripe – ASOS Premium mohair jumper – Cheap Monday padded coat
ASOS maxi duster jacket – One Teaspoon jeans – Selected faux fur bomber jacket
> 3 Comments
Fashion has much to do with options. So many different options to shop, so many different options when it comes to what to wear, many different ways to wear it. We like to have a lot of options, and I’m definitely not an exception. For instance, these are the first pictures with my new hair color, which I changed into a really dark grey because I wanted something else and the option was there.
But sometimes options can be confusing. Having too much to choose from is a first world problem, but still a problem. Which one of the million different shoes out there are you actually going to buy? Which of my 8 pairs of black skinny jeans will I wear today? (yes, that’s my problem sometimes).
For some of those problems you have me and other media (I love making ‘best of the sales’-posts when sale time comes around and will tell you that you might want to buy something army green this season – but of course you don’t have to listen!), for some of those problems I have my solutions.
One of those solutions is the following sentence: always start with black and then consider other colors. Apart from black being my favorite color and I just think it looks really good on so many people, it’s also really easy to have good black pieces in your wardrobe so that whatever you throw on, it’s going to be OK because it’s black and that increases the chance of your outfit being ok by about 70% if you ask me.
A long black coat is something you cannot go without during fall and winter. It’s not only a multi-seasonal piece but a piece you can throw over literally anything without ruining your look. If you pick a good coat, it will just enhance that look.
Now, a little secret: I did not have a good long black coat until now. I really like this one from Mexx fit- and fabric-wise, but there’s one other thing that I love: it has options. You can take the fur collar off and have a really good black coat, or wear it with the faux fur and have a black coat 2.0. Yeah, options.
Shoes: & Other Stories
> 14 Comments